PAAC's Principal and Managing Director is Dr. Bien Mei Nien, who established the company in 1981. Prior to establishing PAAC, Dr Bien was in charge of management training for an international accountancy firm after heading the Malaysian Charter of AFS International Program (now known as Antarabudaya Malaysia) for several years.
A graduate of Universiti Malaya (B.A.) and Hull University, UK (MBA), Dr Bien was conferred the Doctor in Education (Honoris Causa) by the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, UK in 1997.
Since 2000, Dr Bien has served as the President of the National Association of Women Entrepreneurs, Malaysia (NAWEM), an association she helped form in 1993 for the purpose of encouraging business networking and entrepreneurship development. She is also actively involved as an Executive Committee member in the Institute of Management Consultants, Malaysia, the Case Writers' Association of Malaysia as well as in the Trinity Methodist Church of Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. She was also the Charter President of the Malaysian Institute of Management Petaling Jaya Toastmasters' Club.
Dr Bien firmly believes that no student should pass through the halls of PAAC without being influenced by PAAC's mission of providing a learning experience within a caring and supportive environment. The goal of PAAC is to encourage and support its students' desire to succeed.
The Board of Academic Advisors
The Board of Academic Advisors was established with a few important objectives in mind:
- to set and maintain the Standard for the highest level of academic achievement in the courses conducted.
- to ensure that the courses are professionally presented, and in line with the requirements of the respective governing bodies.
- to review and approve the course structure, course programme and course content.
- to review the selection and appointment of lecturers.
- to advise the Principal on any matter pertaining to the training and preparation of students for professional examinations.
PAAC's success has been its ability to engage professionals and academicians in providing quality courses to students from all backgrounds and with different needs. We work with dedicated experts who have had many years of practical experience, enabling them to help our students succeed at each examination sitting.